Stabilizers are designed to provide Optimum drill string’s performance and maximum stability. Some of the functions of the collars are as follows:
- Controlling the direction of the bit
- Controlling hole deviation
- Reducing impact
- Stabilization assures that the rock bits or hammer will rotate about their own center thus causing energies and forces exerted on it to be most efficiently utilized in an axial direction.
- Integral, sleeve, Welded-blade and Non-rotating.
- Straight, Spiral and Pads.
- Alloy steel, Non-magnetic steel with various hardfacing grades (HF1000~HF7000)
- OD between 3 3/8” and 36”.